Refugee Health and Wellbeing Policy and Action Plan
In December 2022, Queensland Health in partnership with the Refugee Health Network Queensland released the second Refugee Health and Wellbeing Policy and Action Plan (2022-2027) (PDF 4589 kB).
The Policy and Action Plan sets out guiding principles, strategic priorities and actions to achieve the vision that people from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds have equitable access to timely, culturally safe healthcare and are empowered to achieve their full health potential.
The strategic priorities are:
- Delivering culturally safe and responsive healthcare
- Improving interpreter services and building the capability of the language services sector
- Integrating and coordinating healthcare
- Promoting empowerment and reciprocal engagement
- Prioritising a culturally diverse health workforce and leadership
- Improving visibility of health outcomes for people from CALD backgrounds including refugees
The Policy and Action Plan builds on the actions and achievements of the first Refugee Health and Wellbeing: A policy and action plan for Queensland 2017-2020 (PDF 4044 kB), and the preceding framework: Refugee Health and Wellbeing: a strategic framework for Queensland 2016 (PDF 2102 kB).
An evaluation of Refugee Health and Wellbeing: A policy and action plan for Queensland 2017-2020 was undertaken in 2020. You can find the full evaluation report, as well as the Policy and Action Plan final report on the Refugee Health Network website.