Multicultural health research and data
Report: Exploring the health of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) populations in Queensland: 2016–17 to 2019–20
This report aims to identify disparities in health outcomes for CALD populations born overseas living in Queensland. The key findings of the report include country-level findings of overseas born communities that experience higher rates of potentially preventable hospitalisations than the Australian-born population, which includes vaccine-preventable conditions, chronic and acute health conditions.
In addition, this report includes analysis for:
- Hospitalisation rates
- Death rates
- Potentially avoidable death rates.
Data sources explored for this report include:
- The Queensland Hospital Admitted Patient Data Collection (QHAPDC)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics population data
- Australian Coordinating Registry mortality data
- Consumer Integrated Mental Health and Addiction data.
Read the report
Full report: Exploring the health of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) populations in Queensland: 2016–17 to 2019–20 (PDF 909 kB).
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF 353 kB)
- Chapter 2: Project scope and limitations (PDF 201 kB)
- Chapter 3: Potentially preventable hospitalisations (PDF 488 kB)
- Chapter 4: Hospitalisation, death and potentially avoidable death rates (PDF 261 kB)
- Chapter 5: Discussion and conclusion (includes recommendations) (PDF 181 kB)
- Chapter 6: Appendices (PDF 322 kB)
Additional supporting resources are in development.