Foundations of Delegation Training Package
Training in delegation practices
Foundations of delegation is a training package developed in partnership with the OCAHO and Griffith University. The program has been designed to enhance the effectiveness of delegation practices between allied health professionals and allied health assistants working together in clinical teams.
This training should be used in conjunction with, and support, the local delegation framework - see Allied Health Assistants and Delegation.
Through this program, allied health assistants, students, professionals and managers will gain a better understanding of models of care incorporating assistants, and of their own roles, responsibilities and relationships within these models.
The program seeks to provide a solid basis for effective teamwork focused on ensuring quality care and patient safety and has been designed for flexibility in delivery - see the Learning modality summary (PDF 154 kB).
Learners can keep a record in the participant workbook (PDF 570 kB) and/ or choose to complete the Foundations of Delegation Final Assessment Quiz in iLearn to obtain a certificate of completion.
Self-Paced Online Learning
Facilitator Guide and Resources
PowerPoint presentation slides and session plans:
- Topic One: Understanding Delegation PowerPoint presentation (PPSX 1450 kB) & PDF slides and facilitator notes (PDF 550 kB)
- Topic Two: The Delegation Process PowerPoint presentation (PPSX 10076 kB) & PDF slides and facilitator notes (PDF 1889 kB)
- Topic Three: Delegation and the Health Care Team PowerPoint presentation (PPSX 6788 kB) & PDF slides and facilitator notes (PDF 998 kB)
- Topic Four: Critical Success Factors for Delegation (Part 1) PowerPoint presentation (PPSX 2548 kB) & PDF slides and facilitator notes (PDF 798 kB)
- Topic Five: Critical Success Factors for Delegation (Part 2) PowerPoint presentation (PPSX 8827 kB) & PDF slides and facilitator notes (PDF 1176 kB)
Note: The PowerPoint presentations are not able to be edited, copied or printed.