Register for access to the Health Provider Portal
You will need to register for the HPP to gain read-only online access to your patients’ Queensland Health (QH) records.
By registering for the HPP, you will be able to view a wide range of patient hospital information in one place. It’s convenient, secure and accessible at any time.
Prior to registering
You, or your practice manager, will need to ensure that details of your Medicare Provider Number and Healthcare Provider Identifier – Individual (HPI-I) are up-to-date and registered with QH’s Secure Transfer Service (STS). This allows QH to communicate with you electronically.
Personal and professional ID required for registration
To register, Queensland GPs will require 100 points of personal identification which can include:
- Australian driver’s license*
- Australian passport*
- Birth certificate*
- Medicare Card
* You must include at least one of these primary documents as part of your 100 points.
Three items of professional identification are also required including:
- current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration number indicating you are a Medical Practitioner
- Medicare Provider Number
- HPI-I which identifies you as a ‘Health Practitioner’.
Terms and conditions
During registration and sign-in everytime, you must acknowledge you agree to the terms and conditions of using the HPP.
- Health Provider Portal Terms of Access and Use (PDF 466 kB)
- Health Provider Portal Privacy Notice (PDF 240 kB)