Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Queensland clinicians should use this information to keep patients, colleagues and themselves safe and to reduce and rationalise the use of PPE.
Note: That when applying these documents, the local government areas (LGAs) of Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Sunshine Coast Region, City of Brisbane, City of Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay Region, Redland City, Gold Coast City and Scenic Rim Region are currently considered “moderate” risk for PPE usage. All other geographic areas are “low” risk for PPE usage.
- Personal protective equipment in healthcare delivery (NEW 28/06/2021) (PDF 298 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Personal protective equipment in residential aged care and disability accommodation services (NEW 29/06/2021) (PDF 341 kB)
- Personal protective equipment in community health services and in-home care settings (NEW 15/07/21) (PDF 409 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Personal protective equipment for healthcare delivery in correctional services (NEW 05/07/2021) (PDF 182 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
Vaccine PPE requirements
Other PPE guidance documents
- PPE information guide for clinicians (PDF 209 kB) (Source: Queensland Health) This document summarises key endorsed Queensland policies regarding PPE requirements in Queensland healthcare facilities.
- For consultation Interim infection prevention and control guidelines for the management of COVID-19 in healthcare settings (PDF 1094 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 3 – PPE Quick reference guide (PDF 879 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 5 – Properties of PPE for use in healthcare (PDF 707 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 6 – Quick reference information about P2/N95 respirators (PDF 717 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- General considerations for conserving personal protective equipment (PPE) (PDF 86 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Guideline for CleanSpace HALO (PDF 1298 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
Applying PPE safely
- Safe fitting and removal of PPE (PDF 7863 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
Fit checks and fit testing resources
- Fit Check for P2/N95 respirator (PDF 1061 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Fit Testing of Particulate Filtration Respirators (PFR or P2/N95 respirators) in respiratory protection programs Guidance Document 30 March 2021 (PDF 393 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Interim recommendations for the use of PPE during hospital care of people with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Source: Australian Government)
- PPE demonstration videos for standard, contact, droplet and airborne precautions (Source: Tasmanian Government Department of Health)
Information for consumers, including current advice on the number of confirmed cases in Queensland, can be found at COVID-19 coronavirus information for Queenslanders.