Syringe Driver Online Learning Package
Careful explanation and education about what the device will do, and its advantages and possible disadvantages, is required for patients with syringe drivers and their families.
Summary of Section Five:
- Patient and family education promotes safety and acceptance of the syringe driver as a means to providing improved symptom control;
- Patient and family education includes:
- Explanation and education about what the device will do, and its advantages and possible disadvantages
- Safety aspects
- Ways to incorporate a subcutaneous infusion into their everyday life
- Troubleshooting guidelines
ACTIVITY: SECTION 5: Patient /Family Needs.
Last updated: 25 September 2013