Print page Send by email
Fact sheet - Health conditions directory.
Shigella infection (shigellosis) is a type of gastroenteritis caused by Shigella bacteria.
Public health management guidelines
Attending medical practitioners/medical superintendents (or delegates)To notify two or more associated cases of gastroenteritis, or where gastroenteritis is diagnosed in a food handler.
Institutions (residential care facilities, hospitals, child care centres)
- List of all Pathological, clinical and provisional diagnosis notifiable conditions
- List of Public Health Unit contacts
- Notifiable conditions report form for Queensland doctors/clinicians (PHA S70) or person in charge of a Hospital (PHA S71) (PDF, 77kB) - if faxing notification, follow up by phone.
Enhanced surveillance for public health units
- Shigella case report form (sporadic) (PDF, 48kB) - used by public health units to collect and manage more detailed information for enhanced case surveillance.
Resources for health professionals
- Foodborne disease in Queensland - information about OzFoodNet and foodborne disease in Queensland for health professionals.