QG Breakfast - 8 October 2019
Queensland Health, in partnership with the Public Service Commission, holds three breakfast events per year to help promote initiatives associated with the Queensland Government Inclusion and Diversity Strategy 2015 – 2020.
The QG Breakfast Series, hosted by the Women’s Network was initiated by the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services Division, Queensland Health who is the sponsor of the Department of Health Women’s Network. The first breakfast event was held in November 2017 and has continued to grow since its inception, addressing topics such as:
- Supporting women to stay connected and engaged in a changing world.
- Owning and leading performance: building resilience and leading teams through cultural change.
- Transformation and better ways of working. A panel discussion on flexible work arrangements.
- Representation Matters: How can men advocate for, and act to, advance gender equity? Workplace inclusion—leading an inclusive workforce.
Drivers of change: Male champions and meaningful partnerships
The third and final QG Breakfast Series event of 2019 focused on gender equality and the essential role men play in working towards this important goal. Through a candid discussion with leaders of this issue, we learnt more about the barriers that hinder male support of gender equality and how we can tackle them, the benefits of gender equality for men and our workplaces, opportunities for men to step up and support equality, and pathways for women to demonstrate their leadership inside and outside the workplace.
At the event, attendees heard from:
- The Honourable Steven Miles, Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services
- Robert Setter, Commission Chief Executive, Public Service Commission
- Julie McKay, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, PwC Australia
- Todd Battley, Chief Executive AECOM, Male Champion of Change
For more information email QGBreakfastSeries@health.qld.gov.au
Upcoming QG Breakfast Series events
The QG Breakfast Series events are held three times per year. The 2020 schedule is being finalised.
Join the mailing list and be informed of future QG Breakfast Series events.