Our laboratory provides analysis, detection, identification, measurement and interpretation of drug, alcohol, poisons and other substances in human samples for a number of clients throughout Queensland including the Coroners Court of Queensland and the Queensland Police Service (QPS).
The laboratory analyses blood, urine and other biological specimens to confirm or eliminate the possibility that these substances may have contributed to an accident or death, impairment of behaviour or a criminal offence.
Our services include:
- performing expedited analysis in coronial cases where an obvious drug overdose is indicated
- analysing blood samples provided by the QPS under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995
- analysing blood and urine samples of alleged perpetrators and victims of crime
- performing workplace drug testing
- preparing certified reference materials for the QPS breath analysis unit
- providing expert opinion and advice on issues relating to forensic toxicology.
Need more information?
Contact the Client Services and Liaison Unit.