We provide specialised forensic services and expert advice to the Queensland Police Service (QPS) and the Coroner's Court of Queensland.
Our services include:
- performing coronial autopsy and death investigations
- providing assistance to the QPS for cold cases, missing persons and victim of disaster cases
- maintaining certified reference materials for the QPS breath analysis unit
- performing workplace drug testing
- analysing physical evidence from alleged crime scenes and emergency and disaster incidents
- identifying new and emerging drugs and drug trends
- analysing chemical residues for clandestine laboratory remediation
- providing expert evidence.
The Clinical Forensic Medicine Unit provides medicolegal services for the State of Queensland. Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Information about forensic DNA services we provide to the Queensland Police Service.
We analyse blood, urine and other biological specimens for the Queensland Police Service to confirm or eliminate the possibility that these substances may have contributed to an accident or death, impairment of behaviour or a criminal offence.
Here you'll find information about the destruction of controlled schedule 8 (S8) drugs in Queensland