Openness and transparency
The department collects a range of data including but not limited to clinical conditions, health care provision and activity, hospital and service performance, public health and population health initiatives, program administration, human resources, financial performance, capital delivery and workplace incidents.
Under the open data strategy the Department also makes available information requested through Right to Information where broader release of this information is of public interest.
Data that is restricted for reasons of privacy, public safety, security, commercial confidentiality or compliance with the law will not be released, including health records and individual employee records.
Find out about accessing Queensland Health data.
Additional release of information
In addition to the release schedule outlined in the open data strategy, and responses to Right to Information requests, the department sometimes publishes other datasets or additional materials relating to the requests.
These are outlined below:
- BreastScreen Queensland information statistics (November 2013) (PDF, 2.13MB)
- Our statement in response to this data (PDF, 128kB)
Townsville Hospital and Health Service
- Townsville clinical incidents report—September 2013 (PDF, 1.13MB)
- Townsville Hospital and Health Service response to the report (PDF, 88kB)
- Departments supporting statement (PDF, 40kB)
People and performance
- People and Performance Management Reporting 2012-2013 (PDF, 100kB)
- Suspensions—July–September 2013 (PDF, 100kB)
- Suspensions—April–June 2013 (PDF, 42kB)
- Suspension—January–March 2013 (PDF, 34kB)
- Statement in response to this data (PDF, 153kB)
- Department of Health consultancy agreements (undertaken in 2012-2013) (PDF, 319kB)
Fraud and misappropriation data
- Staff Misappropriation and theft 1 Jan 2011–30 June 2012 Queensland Health (PDF, 441kB)
- Staff Misappropriation and theft 1 Jul 2012–30 May 2013 Department of Health (PDF, 66kB)
- Statement in response to this data (PDF, 152kB)
- Queensland Health Theft Data 1-1-2011 to 30-6-2012 (XLS, 76kB)
- Department of Health Theft Data 01-07-2012 to 30-05-2013 (XLS, 41kB)
- Statement in response to this data (PDF, 46kB).
WorkCover and Employee Assistance Program data
- Department of Health Support for injured and ill employees (January 2010–June 2013) (PDF, 2.06MB)—regarding WorkCover claims for Queensland Health staff affected by stress, anxiety or depression.
- Statement in response to this data (PDF, 157kB).