About the survey
Information about health risk behaviours provides an opportunity to improve the Queenslanders' health and wellbeing as well as reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Often, it is collected from the general population rather than from patients in a medical setting such as a general practice or hospital. The most cost-efficient way to collect this information is by a telephone survey.
Queensland Health conducts preventive health telephone surveys for adults and children.
The survey series focuses on key preventive health indicators such as:
- physical activity
- sunburn and sun protection
- adult smoking and alcohol consumption
Read the explanatory documents before using the data:
- Conditions of use (PDF 164kB): citations, disclaimer and user obligations
- Survey methods adult survey (PDF 335kB)
- Sample size information adult survey (XLS 90kB)
- What’s included adult survey (PDF 333kB): key health indicators, population subgroups, regions
- Survey methods child survey (PDF 326kB)
- Sample size information child survey (XLS 42kB)
- What’s included child survey (PDF 252kB): key health indicators, population subgroups, regions
Contact us for more information about any of the surveys.