Detailed Queensland and regional preventive health survey results
On this page, the Queensland survey analytic system (QSAS) provides more detailed results from the preventive health surveys by sociodemographic subgroups. At the state level, it also includes additional measures, indicators and years of information.
As with the headline indicators, state results are based on annual surveys whereas two years of data are combined for regional results.
View the following visualisations and resources below.
- Queensland detailed results
- Regional detailed results
- Compare indicators between regions
- Detailed data download
- Supporting documentation and data download
If there are any issues viewing these visualisations, please contact Population_Epidemiology@health.qld.gov.au for further assistance.
This visualisation provides more comprehensive results for Queensland adults and children by age, socioeconomic status, and remoteness. Results from previous surveys are also available.
Queensland key preventive health indicators results are based on annual data.
The sample graph below shows adult 2018 results for smoking by age, socioeconomic status and remoteness. View the interactive data visualisation.
This visualisation provides more comprehensive results for adults and children by age and socioeconomic status for Hospital and Health Service (HHSs) areas, Primary Health Networks (PHNs) and local government areas (LGAs).
Regional results are based on pooled data and are available from 2009–10 to 2017–18.
The sample graph below shows detailed results for adult daily smokers for the Cairns and Hinterland HHS by age, socioeconomic status and remoteness. View the interactive data visualisation.
To make it easier to compare regions, this visualisation displays all regions of the selected type by the selected subgroup. Colours highlight regions that are significantly better or worse than Queensland. The grey vertical bar is the comparable pooled Queensland result (prevalence 95% confidence interval).
The sample graph below compares the prevalence of adult daily smokers by HHS. View the interactive data visualisation.
- Conditions of use (PDF 242 kB)
- Survey methods (adult and child) (PDF 380 kB)
- Adult survey sample size information (XLS 187 kB)
- Child survey sample size information (XLS 130 kB)
- Adult survey statewide measures (PDF 315 kB)
- Adult survey regional measures (PDF 310 kB)
- Child survey statewide measures (PDF 296 kB)
- Child survey regional measures (PDF 294 kB)
- Data download state results (XLSX 2068 kB)
- Adult regional download data results (XLSX 19683 kB)
- Child regional download data results (XLSX 1770 kB)