Chief Health Officer public health directions
During a public health emergency, the Chief Health Officer can issue Public Health Directions to assist in containing, or to respond to, the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
On 25 March 2021, Queensland’s declared public health emergency for COVID-19 was extended to 11.59pm on Tuesday 29 June 2021.
The Public Health (Further Extension of Declared Public Health Emergency—COVID-19) Regulation 2021 was made by Queensland’s Governor in Council, and extends all active Public Health Directions issued by the state’s Chief Health Officer, Dr Jeannette Young.
This means active Public Health Directions with an end date of 31 March 2021 have been automatically extended until 11.59pm on Tuesday 29 June 2021. Directions will be progressively updated to reference the new date of 29 June 2021.
Visit the Queensland legislation website to view the regulation and explanatory notes.
Understanding the Directions
These resources will help you better understand the Directions and how they affect you and your community.
Quarantine for International arrivals
Read about the current quarantine requirements and exemptions for people arriving from overseas to Queensland.
Mandatory Face Masks
To protect the health of Queenslanders, from 12am AEST 12 January 2021 wearing of a face mask will be mandatory in particular settings anywhere in Queensland.
- Queensland Travel Declaration Direction (No. 2) – updated 19 June 2021
- Declared Hotspots Direction – updated 11 June 2021
- Places of Concern Direction (No. 4) – updated 04 June 2021
- Requirements for Quarantine Facility Workers Direction (No. 4) – updated 31 May 2021
- Designated COVID-19 Hospital Network Direction (No. 2) – updated 31 May 2021
Revoked public health directions
Public health directions are amended periodically.
An archive of revoked directions are kept as a record or these amendments.
Requests for Exemptions
If you are seeking any of the following:
- apply for an exemption from a Public Health Direction
- get help understanding a Direction.