Allied Health Scholarships
Prosthetics and Orthotics Scholarships
Scholarships are currently being offered to Prosthetics and Orthotics students entering their final year of study in 2021.
A total of $21,000 per annum financial support, paid in fortnightly instalments, is offered for one year to students in their final year of the Bachelor or Master’s in Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics.
- Financial support commences on 1 January of the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Financial assistance provided through the scholarship is classed as taxable income.
- Scholarship applicants are encouraged to seek financial advice and to contact Centrelink to discuss any possible financial impact.
Return of Service
- Scholarship holders are required to complete a return of service period for two years after graduation.
- Once a scholarship holder has completed the tertiary qualification, Queensland Health, in consultation with the scholarship holder will provide appropriate paid employment in a suitable location to enable return of service.
- For Prosthetics and Orthotics scholarship recipients these positions will be at either the Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital or the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane.
To be eligible to apply for a Queensland Health Scholarship an applicant must:
- Hold Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency status;
- Hold enrolment in a Bachelor or Master’s in Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics course at an Australian university;
- Be studying or enrolled to study fulltime.
Applications for 2021 are now open.
To apply, please complete and submit the application form below, along with your CV, responses to the selection criteria and ID documents as outlined on the application form by 5pm Wednesday, 30 September 2020.