The Department of Health oversees a range of strategies to reduce the risk of patient harm from medication-related incidents. These include providing support and expert medication safety advice to public and private health providers and developing and issuing patient safety notifications, fact sheets, practice guidelines, forms and charts.
- Dabigatran (PDF, 401KB)—Guidelines for Managing Patients on Dabigatran (Pradaxa) Who Present to Hospital
- Factor Xa inhibitors - (PDF, 315KB)—Guideline for managing patients on a factor Xa inhibitor - Apixaban (Eliquis) or Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- Low molecular weight heparins (PDF, 289KB)—Guideline for Anticoagulation and Prophylaxis using Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH) in adult inpatients
- Paracetamol (PDF, 242KB)—Safe paracetamol use guideline
- Warfarin (PDF, 576KB)—Guidelines for management of Warfarin in the community
Tel: 07 3708 5306