Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Health Interpreter Service - contact HSD Interpreter Coordinators

Contact us

How to request an interpreter (Hospital and Health Service/Queensland Department of Health staff only)

Queensland Health staff that need to book an interpreter now (emergency or after hours), should go to the How to request an interpreter - after hours or emergency session page on QHEPS.

For non-emergency bookings, staff should contact their local interpreter service coordinator.

How to request an interpreter (Non-government organisations funded by Queensland Department of Health/Hospital and Health Service only)

Non-government organisations funded by the Queensland Department of Health/Hospital and Health Services should contact the NGO Interpreter Service.

Provide feedback

Written or verbal/spoken feedback

You can provide your feedback in writing by downloading the feedback form and fax to the relevant  Interpreter Service Coordinator.  You can write your feedback in your preferred language. If this is a language other than English, Queensland Health will arrange to get this feedback translated.

General Queensland Health complaints process

You also have access the general Queensland Health complaints process Click here

What will happen with the feedback you provide?

Your feedback will be considered by the Interpreter Quality Officers, who are responsible for monitoring the quality of interpreting services.  


For non-urgent inquiries, please email

Last updated: 15 June 2012

What's new?

Queensland Health's 2017-18 report on Our Story, Our Future: Queensland's Multicultural Action Plan 2016-17 - 2018-19
Queensland Health's progress against achieving actions in Queensland's Multicultural Action Plan.

Report on client perceptions of the quality of the Queensland Health Interpreter Service
A new report on the perceptions on clients on the quality of the Queensland Health Interpreter Service is now available.

National Interpreter Symbol

The blue interpreter symbol is the nationally recognised interpreter symbol.

national interpreter symbol

Click here for more information about this symbol.

Complaints about health or other services

Do you have concerns about a government or non-government health service or are you unhappy with the way an issue has been handled? Do you think you have been treated unfairly or are you concerned about a decision or action of a health professional?

It is ok to complain, and there are organisations that are independent of the government that can help you, free of charge.

Go to the Queensland Independent Complaint Agencies' website for more information.