Queensland Health Nutrition Education Materials Online (NEMO)
The NEMO project was initiated in early 2004 by The Princess Alexandra and Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital Dietitians. This project is conducted by volunteer Dietitians and Nutritionists across the state. The aim has been to assist in the provision and identification of the ‘best’ resources to recommend to colleagues. Some of these already existed as Queensland Health developed materials, or as produced by other organisations. Other materials are being newly developed, using current available evidence.
Please use this site to access NEMO recommended resources, newly developed resources that are under review, other resources, useful links and contacts.
Benefits of NEMO resources:
- Consistency of patient materials across the service of Queensland Health
- Easy access to nutrition education resources recommended by peers
- Sharing of resources already developed by Queensland Health dietitian/ nutritionists
- Less duplication of nutrition education resources
- A central access point for nutrition education resources
- Regular reviews and updates of resources
- Assistance for anyone with limited time to develop quality materials
- Somewhere to access the unusual diet sheets rarely used
Wide consultation and collaboration has occurred during this project, with input from metropolitan, regional and rural Public Health Nutritionists and Clinical Dietitians in Queensland.