Our laboratory can provide compliance testing and calibration checks on:
- protection level radiation survey meters that are traceable to the Australian Radiation Exposure Primary Standard (caesium-137 @ 662 keV), and
- surface contamination survey meters traceable to international Primary Radioactivity Standards.
Your environmental survey instruments can be characterised and tested using our unique, large area calibration pads incorporating uranium and thorium naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM).
Submitting an instrument for calibration
Environmental survey meters
Contact one of our health physicists to discuss characterisation and calibration checks on environmental survey meters.
Protection-level radiation survey meters
If an instrument is not operational, DO NOT send it for assessment. Contact us for advice about repairs to survey meters.
Before sending us instruments, please complete our calibration assessment booking request form (DOCX, 50.3 KB) and send it to us so that we can make a booking for you. If you require calibration for more than 2 instruments, you can print additional copies of the second page to register them.
Once we have the completed form, we will contact you within 3 working days to confirm the booking. To avoid delays, it is important that you do not send instruments before you have a confirmed booking.
Instruments must arrive at least 1 day prior to your confirmed booking. Instruments can be delivered in person or by courier to:
Radiation & Nuclear Science
Forensic & Scientific Services
39 Kessels Road
Coopers Plains Qld 4108
Before packing up your instrument please ensure that you have:
- inserted new or fully charged batteries (batteries must be fully charged for assessment to be performed)
- enclosed the instrument charger
- provided a copy of the instrument's instruction manual
- provided the instrument's current assessment certificate (if serviced by another service agent)
- provided a completed consignment note for the instrument's return.
Contact us for an obligation-free quote.