Implementing a water risk management plan
This information assists healthcare and residential aged care facilities to implement a water risk management plan, as required under the Public Health Act 2005.
- Operational monitoring
- Corrective actions
- Verification monitoring
- Record keeping
- Review of water risk management plan
- Monitoring temperature
- Monitoring disinfection residual
- Monitoring stagnation
- Ice and chilled water dispensing machines
- Water sample collection for verification monitoring purposes
- Prescribed Legionella water tests
Queensland Health acknowledges the assistance of Hindmarsh Water Treatment in preparing this information.
- National enHealth guidelines for Legionella control (PDF 577 kB)
- National risk management plan template (DOCX 164 kB)
Queensland Health resources
- Queensland Health Capital Infrastructure Requirements (PDF 699 kB) Volume 1 gives an overview of the documents that contain the specific infrastructure requirements for healthcare facilities.
- Design Guidelines for Queensland Residential Aged Care Facilities (PDF 1403 kB) for construction or renovation of aged care facilities.