Managing water-related hazards
This information assists healthcare and residential aged care facilities to manage a Legionella detection or other water-related hazards and consider possible remediation options.
- Routine flushing
- Remedial flushing - operational exceedance
- Remedial flushing for Legionella
- Chlorine dosing
- Thermal treatment - pasteurisation
- Superchlorination – hyperchlorination
- Chemical clean
Queensland Health acknowledges the assistance of Hindmarsh Water Treatment in preparing this information.
- National enHealth guidelines for Legionella control (PDF 577 kB)
- National risk management plan template (DOCX 164 kB)
Queensland Health resources
- Queensland Health Capital Infrastructure Requirements (PDF 699 kB) Volume 1 gives an overview of the documents that contain the specific infrastructure requirements for healthcare facilities.
- Design Guidelines for Queensland Residential Aged Care Facilities (PDF 1403 kB) for construction or renovation of aged care facilities.