Developing a water risk management plan
This information assists healthcare and residential aged care facilities to develop a water risk management plan, as required under the Public Health Act 2005.
- Create a water risk management plan
- Water risk management team
- Water distribution system
- Water system flow diagram
- Water system inventory
- Hazard, hazard source and hazardous events
- Description of hazards
- Risk assessment
- Control measures
- Critical limits
- Responsible person and person in charge
Queensland Health acknowledges the assistance of Hindmarsh Water Treatment in preparing this information.
- National enHealth guidelines for Legionella control (PDF 577 kB)
- National risk management plan template (DOCX 164 kB)
Queensland Health resources
- Queensland Health Capital Infrastructure Requirements (PDF 3176 kB) Volume 1 gives an overview of the documents that contain the specific infrastructure requirements for healthcare facilities.
- Design Guidelines for Queensland Residential Aged Care Facilities (PDF 1403 kB) for construction or renovation of aged care facilities.