The Queensland Centre for Mental Health Learning (Learning Centre) delivers a series of face-to-face workshops, including a nationally recognised course, to mental health practitioners across Queensland. It also provides elearning training programs via its website and oversees statewide projects related to education and training.
The Learning Centre's Mission Statement is to continue to grow, develop, and nurture a skilled and sustainable mental health workforce to provide a quality recovery-focused approach to mental health care.
It aims to achieve this through:
- Providing a range of inter-disciplinary training programs that focus on the core requirements of Queensland Health mental health staff (knowledge, skills and attitudes) as articulated in the National Practice Standards (2002).
- Ensuring training and education is consumer focused and recovery oriented by involving consumers and carers in the development, delivery and evaluation of learning programs.
- Creating standardised training packages that can be rigorously evaluated to ensure that training outcomes are being achieved.
- Establishing sustainable systems and processes that effectively identify, store and equitably share mental health learning materials within Queensland Health.
- Supporting the implementation of the National and State Mental Health Policies and Plans.
- Overseeing the development and delivery of a range of special projects in the training and education area.
- Progressing the State's mental health reform agenda through a learning and development framework for mental health staff.
We value your comments and suggestions and welcome feedback