The Immunisation Program:
- leads the implementation of the National Immunisation Program in Queensland
- supports initiatives to improve immunisation rates and quality service delivery
- coordinates distribution of vaccines for the National Immunisation Program and other state vaccine programs.
PO Box 2368
Fortitude Valley BC Qld 4006
Telephone: 07 3328 9888
Fax: 07 3328 9720
Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS)
Reply Paid 2368
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
School Immunisation Program
Contact your local public health unit. In northern Queensland, please call 07 4753 9034.
Queensland Health public health units provide clinical advice on vaccination.
Tuberculosis (TB) Control Units provide clinical advice on vaccination against tuberculosis.
The Communicable Diseases Branch can assist with details of yellow fever vaccine service providers, or advice on how to register as a yellow fever provider.
Call the Immunise Australia National Infoline on 1800 671 811 for immunisation advice and resources.
The Australian Immunisation Register records details of all vaccinations given in Australia.
- Australian Academy of Science (Immunisation) - addresses confusion created by contradictory information in the public domain by explaining current immunisation science
- Chain of Protection - video resources, produced by NCIRS Professor Robert Booy, on why immunisation matters, how vaccines work and the types of infectious diseases they protect against
- Immunisation: Myths and Realities – a publication produced by Immunise Australia which responds to arguments against immunisation
- Immunise Australia – comprehensive information on immunisation by the Australian Government Department of Health
- National Centre for Immunisation Research & Surveillance (NCIRS) - informs policy and planning for immunisation services in Australia and supports initiatives in the surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases, including vaccine coverage, immunisation adverse events and clinical trials
- Health and wellbeing – immunisation information for the Queensland public by Queensland Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Vaccines and Immunisation) – a comprehensive US website
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center – a US website providing reliable information about vaccines to parents and healthcare professionals
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases – a US website providing general vaccine information and latest research on new and improved vaccines
- The History of Vaccines – a US website by the College of Physicians of Philadelphia that chronicles the history of vaccination right through to cutting-edge approaches, and explains how vaccines, toxoids, and passive immunisation work to improve human health
- The Institute for Vaccine Safety – a US website providing independent assessments of vaccines and vaccine safety to help guide decision makers and educate physicians, the public and the media about key issues surrounding the safety of vaccines
- Vaccines.gov – a US website with information for consumers
- World Health Organization – general and technical immunisation information, as well as WHO strategy, policy, activities, publications and statistics