The Immunisation Program:
- leads the implementation of the National Immunisation Program in Queensland
- supports initiatives to improve immunisation rates and quality service delivery
- coordinates distribution of vaccines for the National Immunisation Program and other state vaccine programs.
PO Box 2368
Fortitude Valley BC Qld 4006
Fax: 07 3328 9720
Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS) Reply Paid 2368
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
School Immunisation Program
Queensland Health public health units provide clinical advice on vaccination.
Contact your local public health unit. For those students vaccinated in North Queensland (Sarina to Torres Strait and west to the Queensland border), please call 07 4433 6934.
Tuberculosis (TB) Control Units provide clinical advice on vaccination against tuberculosis.
Call the Immunise Australia National Infoline on 1800 671 811 for immunisation advice and resources.
The Australian Immunisation Register records details of all vaccinations given in Australia however, records of vaccinations given in the school program can only be accessed by visiting your doctor/vaccine service provider who can obtain school vaccination records from the local public health unit.
- Australian Academy of Science (Immunisation) - addresses confusion created by contradictory information in the public domain by explaining current immunisation science
- Health and wellbeing – immunisation information for the Queensland public by Queensland Health
- Questions about vaccination – a publication produced by Immunise Australia which responds to arguments against immunisation
- Immunise Australia – comprehensive information on immunisation by the Australian Government Department of Health
- National Centre for Immunisation Research & Surveillance (NCIRS) - informs policy and planning for immunisation services in Australia and supports initiatives in the surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases, including vaccine coverage, immunisation adverse events and clinical trials
- The Immunisation Handbook – The Handbook’s clinical recommendations are based on the best scientific evidence available at the time of publication from published and unpublished literature. Where specific empirical evidence was unavailable, recommendations were formulated using the best available expert opinion relevant to Australia
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Vaccines and Immunisation) – a comprehensive US website
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center – a US website providing reliable information about vaccines to parents and healthcare professionals
- Immunization Action Coalition - A USA based organisation that works with the CDC to increase immunisation rates and prevent disease by creating and distributing educational materials for health professionals and the public that enhance the delivery of safe and effective immunisation services
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases – a US website providing general vaccine information and latest research on new and improved vaccines
- The History of Vaccines – a US website by the College of Physicians of Philadelphia that chronicles the history of vaccination right through to cutting-edge approaches, and explains how vaccines, toxoids, and passive immunisation work to improve human health
- The Institute for Vaccine Safety – a US website providing independent assessments of vaccines and vaccine safety to help guide decision makers and educate physicians, the public and the media about key issues surrounding the safety of vaccines
- Vaccines.gov – a US website with information for consumers
- World Health Organization – general and technical immunisation information, as well as WHO strategy, policy, activities, publications and statistics