The Queensland Health Immunisation Program leads the implementation of the National Immunisation Program in Queensland, supports initiatives to improve immunisation rates and quality service delivery, and coordinates distribution of vaccines for the National Immunisation Program and other state vaccine programs.
- Queensland Health Immunisation Program
PO Box 2368
Fortitude Valley BC Qld 4006
Telephone: 07 3328 9888
Fax: 07 3328 9720
- Queensland Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS)
Reply Paid 2368
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
- School Immunisation Program
For advice on your local school program, contact your local public health unit. In northern Queensland, please call 07 4753 9034.
Queensland public health units provide clinical advice on vaccination.
Queensland Health Tuberculosis (TB) Control Units provide clinical advice on vaccination against tuberculosis.
Queensland Health Communicable Diseases Unit can assist with details of yellow fever vaccine service providers, or advice on how to register as a yellow fever provider.
Call the Immunise Australia National Infoline on 1800 671 811 or access the Immunise Australia Website for immunisation advice and access to Commonwealth immunisation resources.
Call the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) on 1800 653 809 to obtain a copy of your child's vaccination record. ACIR only holds vaccination records for children under the age of seven who live in Australia.
You can also get a copy of your child's immunisation details held on ACIR:
- Australian Academy of Science (Immunisation) - addresses confusion created by contradictory information in the public domain by explaining current immunisation science
- Chain of Protection - video resources, produced by NCIRS Professor Robert Booy, on why immunisation matters, how vaccines work and the types of infectious diseases they protect against
- Immunisation: Myths and Realities – a publication produced by Immunise Australia which responds to arguments against immunisation
- Immunise Australia – comprehensive information on immunisation by the Australian Government Department of Health
- National Centre for Immunisation Research & Surveillance (NCIRS) - informs policy and planning for immunisation services in Australia and supports initiatives in the surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases, including vaccine coverage, immunisation adverse events and clinical trials
- Health and wellbeing – immunisation information for the Queensland public by Queensland Health