Non-Queensland Health persons: access under The Public Health Act
Non-Queensland Health employees who want to use identifiable or potentially re-identifiable data or samples without consent from patients must make an application under the Public Health Act 2005 to seek approval.
How to apply
To gain access to confidential information under the Public Health Act 2005, the following things need to occur:
- Email a completed Public Health Act application form (DOCX 564 kB) to Pathology Queensland Client Services at PathQldClients@health.qld.gov.au.
- Supply any additional information requested to support your application.
- Once the application meets our requirements, the Pathology Queensland Data Custodian will endorse the request and email the signed application to you.
- Email the endorsed application to the Office of Precision Medicine and Research at PHA@health.qld.gov.au along with the summary of your audit/quality assurance activity.
- Download and complete the AUSLAB Data Access Request (DOCX, 250.4 KB)
- Submit a copy of the PHA approval letter and the completed AUSLAB Data Access Request to Pathology Queensland Client Services.
After requests meet all requirements, confidential information will be released by Pathology Queensland and be made available by secure data transfer.