You can apply for access to your employee records held by Queensland Health through the administrative access process. The process is the same for both current and former Queensland Health employees.
Applications for access to your employee record are to be made in writing to:
- Department of Health employees: applications are sent to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Services.
- Hospital and Health Services (HHS) employees: applications are sent to the local human resources unit within your HHS.
Records released through legislative process
There are 6 categories of records to which access will not be provided under this administrative arrangement:
- medical reports about the employee, where disclosure may be prejudicial to the employee's mental or physical health or well being.
- an employee assistance provider document about the employee.
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 document about the employee.
- document about the employee concerning suspected official misconduct or its investigation.
- document about the employee concerning a suspected criminal offence or its investigation.
- document to which legal professional privilege applies.
Contact the HHS or Department of Health RTI contact point before applying to access these documents. They can advise whether you need to apply through the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) or the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).