Caboolture Hospital profile
- Physical Address: McKean Street, CABOOLTURE QLD 4510
- Postal Address: Locked Mailbag 3, CABOOLTURE QLD 4510
- Phone: +61 7 5433 8888
- Fax: +61 7 5433 8700
- 0830 – 1700
Distance to main referring hospital(s)
|The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital|
The Caboolture Hospital is a 194 bed facility which provides the following health services:
- Critical Care,
- Day Surgery
- Accident & Emergency Medicine
- Maternity home service,
- Ante Natal Day Assessment Service
- Adult Mental Health
- Critical Care and
- High Dependency Unit
- Diabetic Colposcopy, and
Allied health services
- Speech Pathology,
- Social Work,
- Clinical Measurement,
- Wound Management/Stomal Therapy, and
- Infection Control
Community Hospital Interface Program
Capital works or recent improvements
- The completion of the $22.4 million Mental Health Facility has enhanced access to high quality care for residents who suffer or at risk of mental illness in our community.
The facility has seen the hospital increase its inpatient beds from 29 to 40 adult acute inpatient mental health care beds. For the first time, 19 new secure rehabilitation units have been opened.
- New Children’s Services will open shortly at the hospital with a $9.7 million refurbishment to the Paediatric Unit and completion of the new Children’s Outpatient Clinic.
Improved services will include five extra same-day beds in the children’s ward, five new short-stay beds to support the emergency department and an additional paediatric outpatient clinic away from the adult outpatient and emergency departments.
- The $9.5 million Education and Skills Development Centre is drawing to completion. The Education and Skills Development Centre will be an important training hub for multidisciplinary teaching in medicine, nursing and allied health care.
The centre features a 100 seat lecture theatre, five seminar rooms, library space, office and meeting rooms, break out and computer rooms and a training simulation centre.
Last updated: 12 September 2014