The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Physical Address: Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital Butterfield St HERSTON Qld 4029
- Postal Address: Post Office Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital HERSTON Qld 4029
- General Phone: +61 7 3646 8111
- General Fax: +61 7 3646 4240
- 24 hours
Web site Address
Distance to Main Referral hospital(s)
Royal Brisbane and Womens Hospital
- Surgical and Perioperative Services
- Internal Medicine Services
- Womens and Newborn Services
- Nursing Services
- Corporate Services
- Medical Services
- Critical Care and Clinical Support Services
- Allied Health
- Cancer Care Services
- Mental Health Services
- Oral Health Services
The RBWH is a tertiary referral teaching hospital, providing services to patients throughout the State, Northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory, incorporating all major health specialties including medicine, surgery, psychiatry, oncology, women's and newborn services, trauma services and more than 30 subspecialties:
- ICU capacity is 26 beds.
- Surgical subspecialties include Burns, ENT, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Oral and Maxillofacial, Orthopaedic, Plastics & Reconstructive, Vascular, Thoracic and Urology.
- Medical subspecialties include: Cardiology, Clinical Immunology & Allergies, Endocrinology; Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Dermatology, Geriatric Medicine; Infectious Diseases; Internal Medicine and Aged Care, Neurology, Pharmacy & Clinical Pharmacology, Nuclear Medicine, QLD PET Service, Renal Medicine, Rheumatology, Thoracic Medicine, Palliative Care Services
- Women's and Newborn Services include: Gynaecology, Maternity Services, Neonatology, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Special Care Nursery (SCN), Foetal Diagnosis and Treatment, Breast Health, Maternal Foetal Medicine, Gynaecological Oncology and Retrieval Service for Northern NSW and Pacific Rim.
- Cancer Care subspecialties include: Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant / Haematology.
- Critical Care Services include: Emergency Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine and the Multidisciplinary Pain Centre.
- Mental Health Services include: Adolescent Psychiatry, Alcohol and Drug Services, Community Forensic Mental Health Services, Geriatric Psychiatry, Herston Mental Health Services, and Inner North Brisbane Mental Health Service.
- The district also provides services off campus, which are located in the Metro North Hospital and Health Service, including Oral Health Services, community Mental Health services, Halwyn Centre and GARU, the centre for geriatric assessment and rehabilitation.
Capital Works or Recent Improvements
Block 8 Redevelopment. The redevelopment of an existing building on the site for another life cycle for the following: - Extended Care Unit, QPharm, Information Division & Shared Services and the RBWH Multimedia Unit Current Status: Expected Completion: mid 2009, Gross Project Cost: approximately $7M.
Clinical Sciences Building (Block 16) this project is an upgrade and refurbishment of the current building located on site. Project funding provided by the University of Queensland. The refurbished building will provide administrative facilities for university, research and some hospital staff. Project cost estimated at $20M.