The Prince Charles Hospital profile
- Physical Address: The Prince Charles Hospital Rode Road CHERMSIDE, Qld 4032
- Postal Address: Rode Road CHERMSIDE, Qld 4032
- Phone: +61 7 3139 4000
Web site Address
- 0800 to 1700 Monday to Friday
Distance to Main Referral hospital(s)
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital - 8km
- Accident & emergency medicine
- Intensive care
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Aged and extended care
- Palliative care
- Specialist cardiology - thoracic medicine and cardio-thoracic surgery
- Heart and lung transplantation for adults
- Elective orthopaedic surgery
- Medical imaging and nuclear medicine
- The tertiary referral role of TPCH includes its specialist cardiac and thoracic services, statewide Heart and Lung Transplant Programs and the Congenital Heart Disease program.
- Allied health services include dietetics and nutrition; occupational therapy; physiotherapy; podiatry; speech pathology; psychology; and social work
Subacute and Ambulatory Service
- Metro North Hospital and Health Service has many Subacute and ambulatory services
Mental health services
- Mobile Intensive Support Team which can provide outreach services - Acute Inpatient Unit - Transitional Discharge Team - Extended care facilities - Older Adults Integrated Mental Health Team - Community Mental Health Teams - Perinatal Service
- Acute Care Team Specialised mental health services include: - Consultation Liaison Service
- Resource Team which includes: Indigenous Mental Health Team - Forensic Liaison Officer - Dual Diagnosis Coordinator - GP Liaison Officer - Consumer Support Program - Recovery and Rehabilitation Team - Early Psychoses Team
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Department Mental health services are located in hospitals, some community health centres and some residential care facilities such as Flinders House at Eventide.
- Extended Care Units such as Community Care Units are located at Strathpine and Redcliffe and provide extended treatment and rehabilitation.
- An extra regional Extended Care Unit with a Medium Secure Unit is located at TPCH which provides treatment and rehabilitation for people who require a secure environment.
Aged Care, Residential and Acquired Brain Injuries Services
Refer to Metro North HOSPITAL AND HEALTH SERVICE profile for details
Capital Works or Recent Improvements
The Prince Charles Hospital is nearing completion of a $139 million upgrade which will see a significant expansion of services to meet the health care needs of people living in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. The first stage redevelopment of The Prince Charles Hospital was completed in February 2007 with the opening of a new building housing a new emergency department, new medical wards, two new operating theatres, and three nine-bed intensive care unit (ICU) pods
The second stage of the redevelopment has commenced and will be completed by May 2009. Stage 2 includes a further two new operating theatres, expansion of day surgery and recovery, expansion of outpatients department and allied health facilities, the refurbishment of four of the current operating theatres, three new wards and the relocation of the Queensland Heart Valve Bank.