Interim pharmacy roundtable
The Interim Pharmacy Roundtable (IPR) is an advisory body, established to advise the Department of Health in its administration of the Pharmacy Business Ownership Act 2001 and the fulfilment of its regulatory responsibilities.
Primary objectives of the IPR are to provide advice on:
- the administration of the Pharmacy Business Ownership Act 2001
- industry standards and guidelines for pharmacy ownership and operation in Queensland; and
- other relevant policy and legislation as requested.
The IPR will also facilitate consultation on matters related to pharmacy ownership and other relevant policy and legislation, as necessary.
The Honorable Dr Steven Miles, Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulatory Services appointed the Roundtable members who comprise pharmacy owners and consumer representatives, and experts from a range of disciplines including law, accounting, and business management.
The members of the Roundtable are:
- Mr Tim Logan, Partner, Nambour Plaza Amcal Pharmacy (Chair)
- Ms Fiona Watson, Managing Partner, Redland Bay Discount Drug Store
- Mr Frank Sirianni, Managing Director, Medici Capital Pty Ltd
- Mr Harry Pitt, Business Founder and Owner, Sager Consultants (Community Representative)
- Dr Lisa Nissen, Professor (Head), School of Clinical Sciences, QUT
- Ms Lucy Walker, Director, Walker Pharmacy (QLD) Pty Ltd
- Ms Maria Stafurik, Senior Associate, Short Punch & Greatorix Lawyers
- Mr Michael Ryan, Managing Director, PharmConsult Pty Ltd
- December (PDF 109 kB)
- November (PDF 107 kB)
- October (PDF 106 kB)
- September (PDF 105 kB)
- August (PDF 154 kB)
Secretariat email: email@example.com
To contact the department in relation complaints about a pharmacy business or an owner please refer to complaints about pharmacy businesses.