Stay On your Feet® - Jakarta declaration
The Jakarta Declaration on Leading Health Promotion into the 21st Century  was agreed to at the 4th International Conference on Health Promotion, held 10 years after the Ottawa Conference and Charter. The Declaration identified what had been learned about health promotion, re-affirmed the key action areas of the Ottawa Charter, re-examined the determinants of health and identified directions and strategies to address health in the 21st Century.
The following five priorities for health promotion in the 21st Century were identified:
- Promote social responsibility
- Increase investments for health development
- Consolidate and expand partnerships for health
- Increase community capacity and empower individuals
- Secure infrastructure for health promotion.
Last updated: 3 October 2013