Queensland Stay On Your Feet® Toolkit - Phase 2 Kotters Eight Steps of Change
Kotter's Eight Steps of Change
Creating change is a challenge at any level either for individuals, organisations or for a whole community. Kotter states that "70% of all major change efforts in organisations fail". For change to be effective a range of factors need to be addressed by the organisation's leaders. These include: vision, cultures, systems, resources, communication, relationships, sustainability and more.
Kotter's Eight Steps of Change Model provides a well-researched framework to assist with the process of organisational change. The Eight Steps are:
- Establishing a sense of urgency
- Creating the guiding coalition
- Developing a change vision
- Communicating the vision for buy-in
- Empowering broad-based action
- Generating short-term wins
- Never letting up
- Incorporating changes into the culture.
For more information
on the 8-Step Process for Leading Change Visit www.kotterinternational.com/kotterprinciples/changesteps.
Back to Theory and models