Families Experiences after ABI
If you are a relative or friend of an Adult with an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) the following ABIOS factsheets cover specific areas of family experience in more detail and offer some strategies to cope with these experiences.
Other Helpful Links for Support for Families after ABI:
- ABIOS STEPS program
- Headway in the UK also has a comprehensive e-booklet on educating and talking to children after a parent or other adult close to them has had a brain injury: Supporting Children when a Parent has had a Brain Injury
- Synapse also has some fact sheets for Families and Carers after brain injury
Support Workers or Service Providers supporting families:
If you are a Support Worker or Service Provider supporting a client with ABI and their family the following fact sheets may assist you in your support of the family of your client with an ABI:
If you have a Young Child with an Acquired Brain Injury please try the following Links for more information:
- Queensland Paediatric Rehabilitation Service - (QPRS)
- Childrens Hospital Foundation
- Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne - has brain injury fact sheets under the Kids Health Information for Parents section.