Links for seniors
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) – a Queensland Health service offering telephone access to registered nurses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Australian Department of Veterans Affairs – offers a comprehensive falls prevention guide for older people and information on home care for veterans
- Council on the Ageing Queensland (COTAQ)
- Home and Community Care Queensland – information on services to support independent living in the community
- Live Healthy Georgia – an American website that provides a comprehensive overview of a range of senior's issues including active ageing, prescription drugs, vision, healthy recipes and dealing with grief
- Queensland Seniors Enquiry Line (Local call 1300 135 500) – a Queensland Office of Seniors statewide information and referral service able to connect you to a range of services
- US National Institute on Aging – offers a wide range of publications about healthy ageing
- Aged Care Victoria – offers fact sheets about being well for life and improving nutrition and physical activity for older people at home.
- Keeping you safe in the rider's seat – a brochure by the Australian Department of Veterans Affairs which addresses safety issues relating to motorised scooters and electric wheelchairs
Personal safety and crime prevention
- Age Concern (UK) – simple precautions people aged over 60 years can take to protect themselves both inside and outside their home, including advice on mass marketing scams and identity theft
- Crime Prevention for Seniors – a booklet providing personal and financial safety tips for seniors produced by the Australian Government
- Queensland Police Service – safety and security advice for older people including suggestions about personal alarms, better security at home and when out and about.
Last updated: 1 November 2011