Links for seniors
- Get health advice from qualified staff 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84 - local call)
- Australian Government Department of Social Services www.myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 200 422
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Queensland represent seniors and provide community programs - www.cotaqld.org.au or call 07 3316 2999
- Osteoporosis Queensland provide information about bone health - www.osteoporosis.org.au or call 1800 242 141
- Home support and housing assists with housing related difficulties - www.qld.gov.au/housing/buying-owning-home/maintenance-modifications/maintenance-assistance/home-assist-secure or call 13 QGOV (13 7468)
- Dietitians Australia provide information about food, health and wellbeing - https://dietitiansaustralia.org.au/ or call 1800 812 942
- NPS MedicineWise - Medicines Line - www.nps.org.au or call 1300 MEDICINE (1300 633 424)
- LifeTec Queensland provide solutions to everyday life activities - www.lifetec.org.au or call 1300 LIFETEC(1300 543 383)
- You and your Power Wheelchair Information Booklet - A guide to registration, insurance, maintenance and repair and other useful tips for power wheelchair users
- Travelling with a wheelchair or mobility scooter - the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads has developed resources to assist users of mobility devices such as wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
Personal safety and crime prevention
- Crime Prevention for Seniors – a booklet providing personal and financial safety tips for seniors produced by the Australian Government
- Queensland Police Service – safety and security advice for older people including suggestions about personal alarms, better security at home and when out and about.
- Queensland Government Safety and Protection for seniors - website that provides relevant information to assist seniors safety and protection information.
- Stop Elder Abuse - Elder abuse is a single or repeated act - or lack of appropriate action - occurring within any relationship where there is an expectation of trust, which causes harm or distress to an older person.
Last updated: 3 August 2021