Department of Health strategic plan
The Department of Health Strategic Plan 2021-2025 (2023 update) (PDF 378 kB) was updated on 1 July 2023.
This plan supports the department’s contribution to the seven system priorities of the HealthQ32 vision.
It outlines the department's strategies for supporting the health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders.
A world class health system for all Queenslanders.
To provide highly effective health system leadership.
Our opportunities and challenges
- Sustainable health system: Building capacity to meet current and future demand
- Connected services: Redesigning patient flow and models of care through a coordinated network of partners
- Workforce: Attracting, developing and retaining a responsive and agile workforce
- Leadership, accountability and culture: Structuring the system to support shared decision-making, collaboration and collective accountability
- Equity of access and outcomes: Safe and quality patient care and equitable access to care
- Digital transformation: Accelerating our state-wide capacity to deliver digitally enabled care
- Funding: Deploying flexible funding models delivered in partnership
- Infrastructure: Delivering quality healthcare facilities through capital and asset strategy and management
Previous strategic plans
- Department of Health Strategic Plan 2021–2025 (Nov 2022 update) (PDF 1822 kB)
- Department of Health Strategic Plan 2021–2025 (2022 update) (PDF 1817 kB)
- Department of Health Strategic Plan 2021–2025 (PDF 1933 kB)
- Department of Health Strategic Plan 2019-2023 (2021 objectives update) (PDF 661 kB)
- Department of Health Strategic Plan 2019–2023 (2020 update) (PDF 954 kB)