How to access data from the Statistical Services Branch
The Statistical Services Branch (SSB) is the custodian of the following data collections:
- Queensland Hospital Admitted Patient Data Collection (QHAPDC)
- Perinatal Data Collection (PDC)
- Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages data (by proxy; QH and research requests only)
- Queensland Trauma Registry (QTR)
- Queensland Health Non-Admitted Patient Data Collection (QHNAPDC)
Requests for access to data from these collections are considered on a case-by-case basis. Detailed information about individual datasets is available in our list of commonly requested data items and collection manuals.
Summary data requests
Research data requests
To request linked data and/or potentially identifiable data for research purposes, email HSBresearch@health.qld.gov.au. Release of identifiable or potentially identifiable data requires Data Custodian approval. Data may be requested for research purposes or for other authorised purposes if permitted under the relevant State legislation.
SSB also offers a data linkage service to researchers and Queensland Health staff for approved projects. Primary keys from several data collections are routinely linked and held in our Master Linkage File, for use in customised linkage requests. For further information on data linkage in Queensland Health, see the Queensland Data Linkage Framework (PDF, 315KB).