Action on ice
On 18 February 2018 the Queensland government released Action on ice (PDF 3893 kB)—the government's plan to address use and harms caused by crystal methamphetamine following an extensive consultation process.
Action on ice outlines a program of initiatives to address the impacts of ice use and harms that build on previous achievements in response to the problematic use of alcohol and other drugs.
The 3 pillars that underpin the Action on ice plan are:
- reducing the supply of ice
- reducing the demand for ice
- reducing the harms from ice.
Each pillar is supported by clear focus areas to address the impacts of ice use on individuals, families and communities.
More than $100 million over 5 years has been committed to Action on ice's foundation initiatives to reduce the supply, demand and harms of ice use on individuals, families and communities in Queensland. These initiatives are in response to feedback from Queenslanders during the community consultation process.
Activity on ice includes a suite of 56 initiatives that contribute to reducing the impact of ice on the Queensland community. The following resource provides a snapshot of 12 months' implementation activity against some of the key initiatives.
- Action on ice Activity update—12 months' implementation (PDF 1348 kB)
- Action on ice Activity update—second year's implementation (PDF 4193 kB)
From February to October 2017, the Queensland Government engaged with the community to seek input and insights from Queenslanders on the draft Action on ice plan to better understand the impacts of ice, particularly in rural, remote and regional communities. A number of methods were used to facilitate the community consultation process, including an Ice Regional Community Engagement Summit in Rockhampton and smaller community roundtables in Moreton Bay, Logan and Townsville.
- Rockhampton Ice Regional Community Engagement Summit Outcomes Report (PDF 1565 kB)
- Townsville Ice Roundtable Outcomes Report (PDF 916 kB)
- Moreton Bay Ice Summit Outcomes Report (PDF 1129 kB)
- Logan Ice Roundtable Outcomes Report (PDF 923 kB)
You can also read more about the summary of outcomes for all engagement activity (PDF 302 kB).
The following resources are available: