Subsidy funding is available under the Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) to support eligible Queenslanders who require daily living and mobility aids.
Available mobility aids
- Infant/child seated mobility aids
- Manual and power wheelchairs and accessories/modifications
- Wheeled walking aids
- Foam and pressure redistribution - Wheelchair Cushions
Occupational therapists, physiotherapists and rehabilitation engineers are eligible to prescribe. In rural and remote areas, a registered nurse can prescribe (with designated specialist endorsement).
Specific eligibility, application and documentation requirements are provided in the MASS General Guidelines (PDF 248 kB) and application guidelines relevant to the type of aid. Prescribers conduct specialist assessments to determine the aids and equipment needs of clients. Prescribers can access MASS stock equipment for a maximum two week trial if they intend to prescribe the aid for an eligible client.
Once a suitable device has been selected, prescribers work with the client to complete and submit the MASS 20 DLA/MOB - Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Application Form (PDF 1307 kB) and the Application Form specific to the type of device.
Mobility aid application guidelines (including current subsidy amounts)
- Application Guidelines for Mobility Aids (PDF 208 kB)
- Supporting Information Power Assist (under review)
- Power Assist Matrix (under review)
Mobility aid resources
- Equipment Services Application Process Flowchart (PDF 27 kB)
- Equipment Services Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 448 kB)
Mobility aid application forms
- MASS 20 DLA/MOB - Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Application Form (PDF 1307 kB)
- MASS 82 - Consent for Photograph/Video Form (PDF 158 kB)
- MASS 20 WWA - Wheeled Walking Aid Short Application Form (PDF 699 kB)
- MASS 24 - Home Access Checklist for Power Wheelchairs (PDF 454 kB)
- MASS28 - Standing Wheelchair Checklist (under review)
- Standing Wheelchair Subsidy Funding Declaration (PDF 144 kB)
Equipment letter templates
- Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Letter Template Brisbane (PDF 728 kB)
- Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Letter Template Townsville (PDF 728 kB)
MASS WAREHOUSE STOCK (Updated weekly)
- MASS 26 - Request to Trial MASS Stock Equipment (PDF 1200 kB)
- Process for requesting MASS stock equipment trial (PDF 115 kB)
- Brisbane Stocklist (XLS 131 kB)
- Brisbane Powerdrive Stocklist (XLS 61 kB)
- Townsville Stocklist (XLS 65 kB)
Advice and clinical support
For clinical advice and support when prescribing mobility aids, please contact the relevant MASS Principal Aids Advisor.