Subsidy funding is available under the Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) to support eligible Queenslanders who require daily living and mobility aids.
Available mobility aids
- Infant/child seated mobility aids
- Manual and power wheelchairs and accessories/modifications
- Wheeled walking aids
- Foam and pressure redistribution - Wheelchair Cushions
Occupational therapists, physiotherapists and rehabilitation engineers are eligible to prescribe. In rural and remote areas, a registered nurse can prescribe (with designated specialist endorsement).
Specific eligibility, application and documentation requirements are provided in the MASS General Guidelines (PDF, 474kB) and application guidelines relevant to the type of aid. Prescribers conduct specialist assessments to determine the aids and equipment needs of clients. Prescribers can access MASS stock equipment for a maximum two week trial if they intend to prescribe the aid for an eligible client.
Once a suitable device has been selected, prescribers work with the client to complete and submit the MASS 20 DLA/MOB - Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Application Form (PDF, 786kB) and the Application Form specific to the type of device.
Mobility aid application guidelines (including current subsidy amounts)
- Application Guidelines for Mobility Aids (PDF, 382kB)
Mobility aid application forms
- MASS 20 DLA/MOB - Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Application Form (PDF, 786kB)
- MASS 82 - Consent for Photograph/Video Form (PDF, 150kB)
- MASS 20 WWA - Wheeled Walking Aid Short Application Form (PDF, 223kB)
- MASS 24 - Home Access Checklist for Power Wheelchairs (PDF, 660kB)
- MASS28 - Standing Wheelchair Checklist (364KB)
Equipment letter templates
- Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Letter Template Brisbane (PDF, 85kB)
- Daily Living Aids and Mobility Equipment Letter Template Townsville (PDF, 76kB)
MASS WAREHOUSE STOCK (Updated weekly)
- Brisbane Stocklist (Excel, 119 kB)
- Brisbane Powerdrive Stocklist (Excel, 64kB)
- Townsville Stocklist (Excel, 101kB)
Advice and clinical support
For clinical advice and support when prescribing mobility aids, please contact the relevant MASS Principal Aids Advisor.