MASS Palliative Care Equipment Program (MASS PCEP)
Trial valid to June 2021
The MASS Palliative Care Equipment Program is a trial program administered on behalf of the Department of Health under the Care in the Right Setting (CaRs) initiative. The trial will cease on 30 June 2021.
The program aims to support eligible Queenslanders of all ages with a palliative condition and approaching their end stage of life to remain in their home environment by providing assistance through supply or loan of the following aids and equipment for up to 6 months.
- Continence Aids as per the MASS Standing Offer Arrangement (SOA);
- Home Oxygen Concentrator;
- Daily Living and Mobility Aids – loan for up to 6 months.
Please refer to the MASS PCEP Guidelines (PDF 5045 kB) for a detailed list of approved aids and equipment.
- View/download the MASS PCEP Prescriber Information Sheet for Daily Living and Mobility Aids (PDF 1284 kB)
- View/download the MASS PCEP Information Sheet (PDF 671 kB)
Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria
The MASS PCEP Guidelines outlines the administrative and clinical eligibility criteria for the program and assists with information on the various equipment category application requirements and process. In general, applicants may be eligible for assistance through the MASS PCEP if they:
- Are a permanent Queensland resident with a Queensland delivery address;
- Provide a Medicare Card number for purpose of unique identification
- Note: in circumstances where an applicant does not have a Medicare Card, please contact MASS to discuss identification options
- Provide a MASS Palliative Confirmation Form signed by palliative care specialist or treating specialist/GP with palliative care specialist consultation.
Information on Queensland-Wide Palliative Care Specialist advice and education can be found on the QLD Health Palliative Care Network information sheet (PDF 204 kB). * This information is correct as at 11/06/2020.
Application process for Health Professionals
The MASS PCEP operates through a prescriber model where an application is submitted by an approved healthcare practitioner (allied health / medical / nursing) after consultation with the applicant, family and/or carers.
Prescribers may submit a MASS PCEP application through MASS-eApply for Continence Aids, Daily Living Aids and Mobility Aids, or, on the PDF application forms below.
Home Oxygen Concentrator
Daily Living and Mobility Aids
Information and Resources
- MASS PCEP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- MASS PCEP Application Process – flowchart