Financial subsidies are available under the Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) to support eligible Queenslanders who require medical-grade pre-fabricated, custom-made and customised medical-grade footwear.
- Private orthopaedic surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Medical specialists in rheumatology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, endocrinology and neurology
How to apply
Specific eligibility, application and documentation requirements are provided in both the MASS General Guidelines (PDF 434 kB) and application guidelines for Medical Grade Footwear (PDF 293 kB). Applicants should seek a referral to an eligible prescriber for a medical prescription and then make an appointment with a MASS approved medical grade footwear supplier for a quote to include with their application form. As part of determining clinical eligibility, two photos are required. Re-applications for subsidy funding must be 18 months from the last approval for adults (16 years and older) and 12 months for children (under 16 years).
- MASS 60 - Medical-Grade Footwear Application Form (PDF 1077 kB)
- MASS 82 - MGF/Orthoses Photographic Consent Form (PDF 787 kB)
Approved medical-grade footwear suppliers
Information for clients
- Applicant Information Sheet - Application for Medical Grade Footwear (MGF) (PDF 190 kB)
- Medical grade footwear - frequently asked questions (PDF 156 kB)
Advice and clinical support
Contact the MASS Principal Medical Advisor for Medical-Grade Footwear.